Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Day 23: Danger alert

Last night I felt a little bit frustrated because I couldn’t stop myself from a delicious but dangerous treat. After eating nutella as part of my “prize” for keeping my challenge, I realize that it was not worth it. It doesn’t make sense to do all this effort, burn all these calories running for almost an hour every day, and come back home to put back this calories into my body in just a few seconds with a piece of bread with nutella. The danger in this case is myself. It is amazing how we can be sometimes our worst enemies; we are the ones that are placing into our body all kinds of poison, in my case food, but what about the alcoholics, or smokers, we are slowly killing ourselves just for not having enough will.


Amazing too how we can always be complaining about our weight, etc, etc, and there is no one else’s fault but ours. We are guilty of our overweight.

No one else controls your body or your mouth.

Obviously we love to eat things that are not as good as we think. We love what affect us. I’m guilty! I particularly don’t consider myself a healthy eater. I try though. During these 3 weeks I’ve lost 6 pounds without too much dieting, just the running and taking away some stuff. I believe that is really important to consider this part “eating healthier” more seriously, a person can run faster with fewer pounds. In order to accomplish my challenge I have to do some changes in this matter too. Not really fun because I love food! However my own body is not craving junk food as much as before, which is really great!

Today’s advice is to stay away for the unhealthy food. I know is hard, sometimes craving is more powerful than our will. But, we need to try at least. Don’t take chips, desserts, etc. to home, avoid buying them at the grocery store; if you don’t have them at home you won’t eat them. One of my co-workers took away my cupcake yesterday at work, and gave me and advice: “just eat the half and throw away the rest”. I was not really happy at the beginning, but then I realize that is for my own good.

Today’s results:

Changed the treadmill for the elliptical: 32 minutes workout.



Día 23: Alerta Peligro

Ayer me sentí un poco mal porque no pude detenerme de un postre delicioso pero peligroso. Después de comer nutella como parte de mi “premio” por mantener mi reto, me di cuenta que no vale la pena. No tiene sentido hacer todo este esfuerzo, quemar todas estas calorías después de correr por casi una hora todos los días, para regresar a la casa y regresar las calorías a mi cuerpo en cuestión de segundos con un pedazo de pan con nutella. En este caso el peligro soy yo misma. Es impresionante como nosotros mismos podemos ser a veces nuestros peores enemigos. Nosotros somos los que metemos a nuestro cuerpo todo tipo de veneno, en mi caso comida, pero que tal los alcohólicos, fumadores; nos estamos matando poco a poco, y solo por no tener suficiente fuerza de voluntad.

Impresionante también como siempre nos podemos estar quejando de nuestro peso, y no la culpa es solo de nosotros. Somos culpables de nuestro sobrepeso. Nadie más que tu controla tu cuerpo y tu boca.

Obviamente nos encanta comer cosas que no son tan buenas como pensamos. Nos encanta lo que nos afecta. Soy culpable. Yo no me considero que como saludablemente, pero trato de hacerlo. Durante estas 3 semanas he perdido casi 3 kilos sin estar a dieta, solo corriendo y no comiendo ciertas cosas. Creo que es importante considerar esta parte “comer más sanamente” en serio, una persona puede correr más rápido si es más ligera. No es muy divertido porque me encanta comer. Pero mi propio cuerpo me lo demanda, y ya no quiere tanta comida como antes, lo cual está muy bien!

El consejo del día de hoy es alejarnos de la comida que no es saludable. Sé que es difícil, el antojo es más poderoso que nuestra voluntad. Pero necesitamos intentarlo siquiera. No compres papitas, postes en la tienda. Si no tienes en la casa no te los comes. Uno de mis compañeros de trabajo me quito mi bollito hoy, y me dio un consejo: “solo cómete la mitad y tira la otra”

Los resultados de hoy:

Cambie la caminadora por la elíptica y ejercite por 32 minutos.

Ofe

DANGER!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment