Saturday, August 28, 2010

Day 21: Skating

Another objective in my list for this year (besides running 5k) is learning how to skate. I know it sounds pathetic; skating is something you suppose to learn when you are a kid. Well, there are a lot of things we “suppose” to do, but there are no rules for that. Besides, I’ve never been characterized for being good at sports or athletic or to have balance at all; another good reason for this challenge. One of my good friends used to tell me, that I had many skills except for the psychometric ones. Don’t remember if he started calling me bambi or I did; that nickname is because I used to fall everywhere: skating, ice skating, bowling, skiing, and snowboarding, in the treadmill or even just walking. Seriously, if I could tell all of my stories, someone will believe I’m exaggerating.


Regardless my embarrassing past without physical equilibrium, learn to skate is part of my list this year. I have my roller skates and I practice somedays. Today my workout was dedicated to that.

Today’s advice is to list the things you’ve always wanted to do or the things you are afraid to do. If you write what you want is easier to remember and to follow. Challenge yourself to do them in a certain period of time, ask for help if you are still too afraid. It’s great when you concord your fears, or complete something from your list. You feel relief and you’d want to do it again! You’ll be wondering why you were scared in the first place.

Today’s results: 90 minutes roller skating (or at least trying to).


Día 21: Patinando

Otro de mis objetivos en mi lista para este año (además de correr 5 km) es aprender como patinar. Ya sé que suena patético; patinar es algo que supuestamente debes de aprender cuando eres niño. Bueno, hay muchas cosas que “suponemos” que debemos de hacer, pero no hay reglas para eso. Además, nunca me he caracterizado por ser buena en deportes o atlética o ni siquiera de tener balance; otra gran razón para este reto. Uno de mis grandes amigos solía decirme que podría yo tener muchas habilidades, pero menos habilidades psicométricas. No me acuerdo si fue el o yo quien empezó a llamarme bambi. Ese apodo es porque siempre me andaba cayendo en todas partes: patinando, patinando en hielo, jugando boliche, esquiando, en la caminadora y hasta caminando normalmente. En serio, si pudiera contar todas mis historias alguien creería que estoy exagerando.

A pesar de mi penoso pasado sin equilibrio físico, aprender a patinar es parte de mi lista este año. Tengo mis patines y de vez en cuando practico. Hoy me dedique a eso.

El consejo del día de hoy es de listar las cosas que siempre hemos querido o las cosas que tememos hacer. Si escribes las cosas que quieres es más fácil recordarlas y de seguirlas. Rétate a ti mismo a hacerlas en cierto periodo de tiempo, pide ayuda si sigues teniendo mucho miedo. Es genial cuando enfrentas tus miedos, o cumples algo de tu lista. Te sientes liberado y te querrás hacerlo de nuevo. Te preguntarás por que estabas asustado en un principio.

Los resultados del día de hoy: 90 minutes patinando (al menos intentándolo)

Ofe

No comments:

Post a Comment