Sunday, August 29, 2010

Day 22: 2nd baby step: DONE!

It’s been 3 weeks since I started this challenge. With up and downs I’m still here. I’ve committed to myself to get this challenge done and I’m not even half way, but I’m convinced I’ll definitely do it!...


My advices sometimes are not even relative to running, or some of them don’t even make sense. That’s the best part; every day I just write how I feel regarding everything. It’s how I make this challenge so mine, as my life per se, that sometimes is just confusing. I still enjoy fighting with myself to find time to go and run. Every day is unique.

Today I went to the park to deal with the heat, hills and dogs. Even though this baby step was completed days ago: to run 1 lap, today was so much better!

Today’s advice is when you feel that you can’t do it anymore, slow down, but don’t stop right away. Recover your breathing, drink some water meanwhile jogging, get your strength back and continue. You can last so much longer than you think; you just need to stop thinking about time, final line, etc. Remember to enjoy your workout and push yourself in a reasonable way.

Today’s results:

Chaparral Park:

3 laps = 3 miles = 4.82 Km

Including 2 miles running/jogging = 3.21 Km


Día 22: Segundo objetivo: ¡Logrado!

Hace 3 semanas empecé este reto. Con altas y bajas aquí sigo. Me he comprometido conmigo misma a completar este reto, ni siquiera estoy a la mitad, pero estoy convencida que definitivamente ¡lo haré!

Mis consejos a veces no son relativos a correr, o algunos ni siquiera tienen sentido. Esa es la mejor parte, cada día solo escribo como me siento sobre todo. Es como hago este reto mío, como parte de mi vida, que muchas veces es confuso. Sigo disfrutando pelear conmigo misma para hallar tiempo de ir a correr. Cada día es único.

Hoy fui al parque a pelearme con el calor, subidas y los perros. A pesar de que este segundo objetivo ya lo había hecho hace días: correr una vuelta en el parque, ¡hoy fue mucho mejor!

El consejo del día de hoy es cuando te sientas que ya no puedes mas, disminuye tu velocidad, no te detengas rápidamente. Recupera tu respiración, toma algo de agua mientras trotas, recupera tu fuerza y continúa. Puedes durar mucho más de lo que te imaginas, solo necesitas dejar de pensar en el tiempo, de la meta, etc. Recuerda de disfrutar hacer ejercicio y forzarte de una manera razonable.

Los resultados del día de hoy:
Parque Chaparral:
3 vueltas = 3 millas = 4.82 Km
Incluyendo 2 millas corriendo/trotando = 3.21 Km

 
Ofe
 
 
Chaparral Park

No comments:

Post a Comment