Saturday, August 14, 2010

Day 7: weekend = break?

Most of the people think that is ok to take a break on Saturday because is part of the weekend.

This is not totally false. It's ok to take a break once in a while.

However, this is just the initial phase of this challenge, which I recommend not take a break yet, until we turn exercise into a habit instead of an obligation. Seven days are not enough to make this into a habit; some people say that to make something into a habit, we need to concentrate in doing it for 30 days. We'll see if this is true.

I'm still not even half way, so I must work out every day, until this becomes a habit.

I got to be honest, so far, I really enjoy doing it, but there is sometimes that I wish not to stop what I'm doing (my other hobbies) to get change into my sports clothes and go to sweat. No one said this will be easy, that's why it is called a challenge.

Today I went to run to the "Pioneers Park", I go there since I was a little girl. Running and walking for more than 40 minutes made me remember the good times I spent there with my old friends.
I miss those good old times.

Meanwhile I was walking/running I noticed a difference from the Chaparral park where I go in Arizona.
At the Chaparral Park I usually see a lot of people with their dogs.
At the Pioneer’s park I saw a lot of people with their kids, playing in the park, riding a bike, or just sitting in a bench talking.
Both parks are beautiful, but I can clearly see the differences between them, the culture and the spirit are just different. Hard to explain though.

I really enjoy running in both parks, but getting back to my old park made me realize what’s missing in my new one.

Today's advice is to FOCUS. Be aware that in order to turning running and working out into a habit you need concentration and discipline. Keep the energy and smile.

Today's results:

Pioneer's Park:
6 laps
running time: 8 minutes
Total time walking/running: 40 minutes


Día 7: ¿Fin de semana = descanso?

La mayoría de la gente piensa que esta bien tomarse un descanso el sábado por que es parte del fin de semana. Esto no es totalmente falso. Esta bien de tomar un descanso de vez en cuando.

Pero, esta es la fase inicial de este reto, por lo cual no recomiendo tomar un descanso todavía, hasta que convirtamos el ejercicio en un hábito en vez de una obligación.

Siete días no son suficientes para hacer esto un hábito. Algunas personas dicen que para convertirse en un hábito hay que concentrarse en hacerlo por 30 días. Veremos si esto es cierto. Todavía no estoy ni a la mitad, por eso debo de hacer ejercicio todos los días, hasta que esto se convierta en un hábito.

Para ser honesta, hasta la fecha estoy disfrutando haciendo esto, pero hay algunas veces que desearía no dejar lo que estoy haciendo (mis otras actividades) para ir a cambiarme en ropa deportiva e ir a sudar. Nadie dijo que esto sería fácil, por eso esto es un reto.

Hoy fue a correr al parque de los pioneros, voy ahí desde que era niña. Correr y caminar por mas de 40 minutos me hizo recordar los buenos tiempos que pase con mis viejos amigos. Extraño esos buenos tiempos.

Mientras estaba caminando/corriendo me di cuenta de la diferencia que tiene con el parque Chaparral al que voy en Arizona.

En el parque Chaparral veo usualmente a mucha gente paseando a sus perros. En el parque de los Pioneros vi a mucha gente con sus hijos, jugando en el parque, dando la vuelta con sus bicicletas, o solamente sentados en una banca platicando.

Los dos parques son bonitos, pero puedo ver claramente la diferencia entre ellos, la cultura y el espíritu es diferente.

Disfruto correr en los dos parques, pero regresar a correr al parque de mi infancia me hace darme cuenta lo que hace falta en el parque nuevo al que voy.

El consejo de hoy es CONCENTRATE. Se consciente que para que correr se vuelva un hábito, necesitas concentración y disciplina. Continúa con tu energía y sonríe.

Los resultados de hoy:
Parque de los Pioneros:
6 vueltas. Tiempo corrido: 8 minutes. Tiempo total: 40 minutos

Ofe


No comments:

Post a Comment