Thursday, August 12, 2010

Day 5: Out of town

After running yesterday to catch my bus, it took me 12 hours to get here. Also, I started to think that I love to rush; I like the sensation of risk. I have no idea if this is good or bad. But, I'm always running everywhere. I'm now in Obregon city, Sonora, Mexico; my hometown.
The excuse of being out of town, on vacations, business trip, etc is not longer valid. You need to be committed to your objective, no matter what. If you are willing to give up for any small change in your life, then you are still not mentally prepare to be different; to make a change.

In cases like this, take with you your sports clothes in your car. You never know when you have a chance to work out; you must be prepared for that opportunity.

Today's advice is to explore new alternatives wherever you are. There is always a way to make things work.

Be creative

I have no gym subscription here, no Chaparral park. But I have the beautiful "Laguna del Nainari", and "The Pioneers Park". I ended up using the unused treadmill at brother's house, I was been cheered by my nice and my nephew.

Today's results.

Treadmill:
Total: 30:00 minutes - 2.02 miles = 3.25 km
including running time: 21.00 minutes - 1.50 miles = 2.41 km

I'm decreasing my speed, but increasing my time, not sure if it is the new conditions, or me.


Día 5: Fuera de la ciudad

Después de correr ayer para alcanzar el camión, me tomo 12 horas para llegar aquí. También, comencé a pensar que me amo estar apurada. Me encanta la sensación del riesgo. No tengo idea si eso es bueno o malo. Pero siempre estoy corriendo a todas partes. Ahora estoy en Cd. Obregón, Sonora, México: mi ciudad de origen.
La excusa de estar fuera de la ciudad, de vacaciones, de viaje de negocios, ya no es aceptada. Necesitas estar comprometido con tu objetivo, no importa que. Si estas dispuesto a rendirte por cualquier pequeño cambio en tu vida, entonces todavía no estás preparado para ser diferente, para hacer un cambio.

En casos como este, lleva tu ropa para hacer ejercicio en tu carro. Nunca sabes cuando tendrás la oportunidad, y hay que estar preparados.

El consejo de hoy es de explorar nuevas alternativas en donde quiera que estés. Siempre existe una manera en hacer funcionar las cosas.

Se creativo

No estoy inscrita a ningún gym aquí, no hay un parquet Chaparral, pero tengo la bella Laguna del Nainari y el parque de los Pioneros. Termine usando la caminadora en la casa de mi hermano, siendo apoyada con porras por mi sobrina y mi sobrino.

Resultados de hoy:
Caminadora.
Total: 30:00 minutos - 2.02 millas = 3.25 km
tiempo corrido: 21.00 minutos - 1.50 millas = 2.41 km.

Estoy bajando mi velocidad e incrementando mi tiempo de correr, no estoy segura si es por las nuevas condiciones, o solo soy yo.
Ofe

No comments:

Post a Comment