Monday, August 2, 2010

Setting objectives

Once I heard that if you want something in life, you have to go for it and do it, no matter what.


Sometimes getting what you want is harder than you think if you don't set objectives; measurable objectives, real ones that make you follow your dreams no matter what. Sometimes you need motivation, a reason. This reason for me has been set today writing this blog.



My whole life I've wanted to be a good athlete, at least to be in physical shape. I'm a twenty-six years old Mexican young lady that has been struggling with her weight her entire life.

The last two years I've had participated in the walk for hope events in Phoenix, AZ. Always wanting that walk to become a run.

This year, I told myself it would be different, but so far, it hasn't been.

One of my five objectives of this year is to run 5k (3.1 miles) and I'm going to do it.

I've never run more than 1 mile in my life. I like to work out, but some way or another, I always give up. I want to do a change in my life, and for once, accomplish my goals. In this case the challenge is to run 5k, and I have 50 days to get ready for that.

Starting August 8th, I'm going to start tracking my time and miles run/walk, every day.

This year the walk for hope will be held on Sunday, September 26, 2010. This is a great cause against women's cancer that I invite you to participate.

This time I'm not only going to be helping this cure, I'll be helping myself to be my best self accomplishing this challenge.


Planteando Objetivos


Una vez escuché que si quieres algo en la vida tienes que ir por ello y hacerlo, no importa lo que pase.

Algunas veces conseguir lo que quieres es mas difícil de lo que piensas si no estableces objetivos, objetivos medibles, realistas que te hagan seguir tus sueños, no importa lo que pase. Algunas veces necesitas motivación, una razón. Esta razón para mi ha sido establecida hoy al escribir este blog.

Toda mi vida he querido ser una buena atleta, al menos tener condición física. Soy una joven mexicana de 26 años de edad que he tenido problemas de peso toda mi vida.

Los últimos dos años he participado en eventos de caminatas contra el cáncer de seno en Phoenix, AZ. Siempre he querido convertir esa caminata en correr los 5k.

Este año, me dije a mi misma que sería diferente, pero hasta ahora no lo ha sido.

Uno de mis cinco objetivos del año es correr 5 km (3.1 millas) y voy hacerlo.

Nunca he corrido más de una milla en mi vida. Me gusta hacer ejercicio, pero de alguna u otra manera siempre me doy por vencida. Quiero hacer un cambio en mi vida, y por primera vez cumplir mis metas. En este caso el reto es correr 5km y tengo 50 días para prepararme.

Empezando desde el 8 de agosto, voy a comenzar a tomar nota de mi tiempo y lo que corro o camino todos los días.

Este año la caminata por la esperanza “walk for hope” será el domingo 26 de septiembre del 2010. Esta es una gran causa en contra del cáncer del seno y te invito a participar.

Esta vez no solo voy a estar ayudando a esta cura. Me estaré ayudando a mi misma a ser una mejor persona cumpliendo este reto.

Ofe

5 comments:

  1. wow u r my hero!!! go Ofe goooooooooooo u can do it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep going girl! You look so good at that picture! I'm so proud of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sis, you can do it!!!! BUt let me tell you something... you're almost 27!!! hahahah!!! Well, I'm gonna be there for you on September 26th, 2010... YA LO PUSE EN MI AGENDA!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. jajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajaaja nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. gracias gracias!!!!.... =)
    ahi la llevo jajaja

    ReplyDelete