Friday, August 20, 2010

Day 12: 1st baby step: DONE!

One of my first baby objectives was to be able to run for 32 minutes in the treadmill, and I did it!


Yesterday I forgot about the sweat all over my face and that I was barely breathing, I kept telling myself: “come on Ofe, if you quit today, you will quit forever…one more minute…one more…”

I had to slow down to be able to last the whole 32 minutes, but it was worth it. Now I can focus in my speed, so I can be able to run 3 miles in 32 minutes. Another thing I have to focus on is in running at the park. On September 26th, I’ll be running outdoors, so the training needs to keep changing in order to accomplish my main goal.

Today’s advice is to do not go the easy way. The easy way is to quit, is to stay as you are and where you are, because you feel comfortable. Get out of your comfort zone, and DARE yourself to see the real world.

Today’s results/or yesterday afternoon:

Treadmill:
Running time: 32:00 minutes – 2.38 miles – 3.83 Km
Extra walking for 15:00 minutes.
Total of 47 minutes walking/running



Día 12: Primer paso: LISTO!

Uno de mis primeros objetivos era de correr por 32 minutos en la caminadora, y LO HICE!

Ayer se me olvido el sudor que tenía en la cara, y de que apenas podía respirar, y me seguí diciendo a mi misma: “Vamos Ofe, si te vences hoy, siempre vas a vencerte…un minute mas…uno más”

Tuve que disminuir mi velocidad para poder durar los 32 minutos, pero valió la pena. Ahora puedo enfocarme en mi velocidad, para poder correr 3 millas en 32 minutos. Otra cosa en la que me tengo que enfocar es en correr en el parque. El 26 de septiembre voy a correr afuera, entonces el entrenamiento necesita ser cambiado para poder lograr mi meta principal.

El consejo del día de hoy es no ir por el camino fácil. El camino fácil es renunciar, y de quedarte como eres y en donde estas, porque te sientes a gusto. Salte de tu zona de confort y atrévete a ver el mundo real.

Los resultados de hoy/ayer/del jueves:

Caminadora:
Tiempo corriendo: 32 minutos – 2.38 millas – 3.83Km
Minutos extra caminando: 15 minutos
Minutos totales corriendo/caminando: 47

Ofe

No comments:

Post a Comment