Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Day 24: Stranger’s power

After some news, yesterday at work I realized how we met some people for a determinate time in our lives, and then they just go away, some stay, some others not, some others remain in our minds and some others remain in our hearts. You probably won’t remember names or days. You’ll remember moments, words, smiles or how they made you feel. You probably won’t see them again in your life, but you’ll always remember.


Luckily, I’ve had the opportunity to travel and to live in different places. This have gave me the opportunity to meet amazing people. Talking to interesting strangers is just an unbelievable experience which I highly recommend.

German girl at the Brazilian hostel: “Stop working for your curriculum! A while ago, I stopped doing everything I do just for my resume, and since then I started living”

Chuck, old man from Iowa at Mexico City airport: “you made my day sweetheart, thanks for spending time with me” (just because I talked to him for a while meanwhile waiting for our flights)

Guy at Vienna: “you have two choices: keep looking or trust me”

Guy at Budapest: “If you don’t ask for help, you will remain lost” (meanwhile I was holding a map backwards in the middle of the street)

Lady at “Puerta de Alcala” Madrid: “I see you are having the time of your life”

Mr Joel in Chiapas: “you are different and special”

My mom: “everyone is where they want to be”

I can continue listing every phrase I remember from the people that has impacted me somehow, but it will be endless. The point is that we should not take for granted the people that surround us, at the end no everyone can stay, we have to let go and move on.

Today’s advice is to learn as much as you can from the people that you meet or know. Be honest, share your knowledge, listen, care and don’t judge or stop talking to someone just because his/her appearance, accent, economic situation or nationality. They make an impact on you, and without knowing you might be a significant person in their lives too.

Today’s results:
Treadmill:
Running time: 32:00 minutes – 2.60 miles – 4.18 Km
Extra jogging/walking for 29:00 minutes.
Total of 61 minutes walking/running/jogging.



Día 24: El poder de los extraños

Después de enterarme de algo ayer en el trabajo, me di cuenta como convivimos por cierto tiempo con determinadas personas, y después se van, o algunas se quedan, otras no, otras se quedan en nuestras mentes, y otras en nuestros corazones. Probablemente no recuerdes nombres o días. Pero recordarás momentos, palabras, sonrisas y como te hicieron sentir. Probablemente nunca los vuelvas a ver en tu vida, pero siempre los recordarás.

Afortunadamente, he tenido la oportunidad de viajar y vivir en diferentes partes. Esto me ha dado la oportunidad de conocer gente increíble. Hablar con extraños interesantes es una experiencia increíble que recomiendo altamente.

Alemana en el hostal de Brasil: “Deja de trabajar por tu currículo. Hace rato deje de hacer todo lo que hacía por mi currículo y fue entonces que empecé a vivir”

Chuck, un señor mayor de Iowa en el aeropuerto del DF: “Hiciste mi día, gracias por pasar tiempo conmigo” (solo porque platique con el por un rato mientras esperábamos nuestros vuelos)

Muchacho en Viena: “tienes dos opciones: seguir buscando o confiar en mi”

Muchacho en Budapest: “Si no pides ayuda, vas a seguir perdida” (mientras estaba con un mapa al reves en medio de la calle)

Señora en la Puerta de Alcalá en Madrid: “Parecéis que se están divirtiendo en grande”

Sr. Joel de Chiapas: “Tu eres diferente y especial”

Mi mama: “cada quien esta donde quiere estar”

Puedo continuar listando las frases que recuerdo de la gente que me ha impactado de alguna forma, pero nunca terminaría. El punto es de no tomar por hecho a la gente que nos rodea, al final no todos se quedan, tenemos que dejar ir algunos y seguir con nuestras vidas.

El consejo del día de hoy es aprender lo más posible de la gente que conoces. Se honesto, comparte tu conocimiento y experiencias, escucha, no juzgues o dejes de hablarle a alguien por su apariencia, acento, situación económica o nacionalidad. Ellos tienen un impacto en ti, y sin saber tú también seas una persona significativa en sus vidas.

Los resultados del día de hoy:
Caminadora:
Tiempo corriendo: 32 minutos – 2.60 millas – 4.18 Km
Trotando/caminando extra: 29 minutos
Total de minutos corriendo/trotando/caminando: 61

Ofe
 
 
 
My German friend & I in Iguazu falls
Mi amiga Alemana y yo en las cataratas de Iguazu.
 
 
 
Just sharing one of my favorites pics of that trip
Compartiendo una de mis fotos favoritas de ese viaje.


No comments:

Post a Comment