Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Getting ready...

Starting a challenge is a hard step, but continue with the challenge is even harder.

In life, the things that are really worthy are not easy to get. We must work hard to get them done, if not we don't appreciate their real value.

Yesterday and today I spent some of time talking about this blog and my challenge to my friends and co-workers.

Some people at work made fun of me. One of them was saying that it is so easy to run 5k, you just keep going and running and that's it. EASY!

Well, this could be easy for a lot of people, but not for people like me. The majority of the people in this world have weight problems, and I'm talking for all of them. I'm talking for that entire people trying everyday to get better, but for one reason or the other, they gave up, for not having enough motivation, for thinking that they can't do it, for being surrounded with people like this co-worker of mine, for being embarrassed of failing and they just stop trying.

I know that because I'm like you, always wanting more, but doing less than my imagination can reach.

This is not easy, but it is not impossible. Baby steps told me a friend of mine.

The first step is to stop saying that we can't, and stop saying that we are bad at something, because if we keep saying that we are bad, our minds will believe it, and unintentionally you would be bad are it.

I already started working out, but I'm still not tracking my time until this Sunday. I'm getting ready with all the things needed for this.

I’m not an expert, so, you are invited to give me tips, advices, anything that makes me achieve this goal.

I have some sessions with a personal training at gym I'm going to, and I asked him for some advices to start preparing to run 5k, and his advice was: RUN.


Preparándome…

Comenzar un reto es un paso difícil, pero continuarlo es aun más difícil.

En la vida, las cosas que realmente valen la pena no son fáciles de conseguir. Debemos de trabajar muy duro para realizarlas, por que si no, no apreciamos su valor real.

Ayer y hoy dediqué un poco de tiempo para hablar de este blog y mi reto con mis amigos y compañeros de trabajo.

Alguien en el trabajo se burlo de mi, me dijo que correr 5 Km. es muy fácil, que solamente necesitaba seguir corriendo y ya esta. !FACIL!

Bueno, este reto podría parecer fácil para mucha gente, pero no para alguien como yo. La mayoría de la gente en este mundo tiene problemas de sobrepeso, y estoy hablando por todos ellos. Hablo en nombre de todas aquellas personas que tratan todos los días de ser mejores, pero por una u otra razón se vencen, por no tener motivación suficiente, por pensar que no pueden hacerlo, por estar rodeados de gente como este compañero de trabajo, por quedar en vergüenza y fallar, por eso dejan de intentarlo.

Y yo soy como toda esa gente, siempre queriendo mas, pero haciendo menos de lo que mi imaginación puede viajar.


Esto no es fácil, pero no es imposible. Pasos pequeños me dijo una amiga.

El primer paso es dejar de decir que no podemos, y dejar de decir que somos malos para algo, por que si seguimos diciendo que somos malos, nuestras mentes van a creerlo y sin intención seremos malos para eso.

Ya comencé a hacer ejercicio, pero todavía no llevo registro de mis tiempos, hasta este domingo comenzaré oficialmente. Estoy preparándome para todas las cosas necesarias para este entrenamiento.

No soy una experta, así que están invitados a darme tips, consejos o cualquier cosa que me haga conseguir mi objetivo.

Tengo algunas sesiones con mi entrenador personal en el gimnasio al que voy, y le pedí que me diera consejos para prepararme para correr 5 Km., y su consejo fue: CORRE

Ofe

5 comments:

  1. Ofe que tengo que hacer pues, para seguirte.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ofelia muchas felicidades por tus retos, tienes mucha razón y te deseo mucha suerte!!!

    Mucha suerte y éxito!!!

    tu hermano

    Naldys

    ReplyDelete
  3. gracias hermanos!!!... como va su reto?
    Chon me prometiste que hoy ibas a ir a caminar?
    como te fue?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your friend D gives good advice....baby steps my friend. I will join in your training regime thanks for the motivation

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay!!!... let's keep doing it D!... we are doing good!...
    we have more than a year being gym buddies!!!! wowwwww~~!!!!!

    ReplyDelete