Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Day 18: Barely breathing

Once again I found myself dealing with obstacles to exercise: I’m getting sick.
Weather in Arizona is pretty weird right now, one day is super hot and the next day is raining.

I decided to at least walk for a little bit, so my legs didn’t think I’m taking a break. I couldn’t run. I went to Chaparral Park and I remembered why I love to work out outdoors. The park is real; you can see the stars, observe the size of the moon, and breathe pure air, instead of breathing someone else’s smell. The bad thing is that the park is not perfect. At some point during the night the sprinklers go on and you can get wet! Not fun to get wet when you are getting sick.

Today’s advice is to try not to exercise when you are getting sick. You are not a hero and you can get worse. Health is not a game, and we have to take care of ourselves.

I might start following my own advices. Well, this is my advice after living the experience.

A second advice: if you like to work out at a park, check the sprinklers schedule; it’s not fun to try to run away from the water. It is fun for the people that are watching you! If you are already there, enjoy it!

Today’s results: 1 lap at Chaparral Park - Walking.


Día 18: Apenas respirando

Una vez más me encontré lidiando con obstáculos para ir hacer ejercicio: me estoy enfermando.

El clima en Arizona ha estado un poco raro últimamente, un día hace mucho calor y al otro día está lloviendo.

Decidí caminar si quiera un poco, para que mis piernas no pensaran que estaba tomando un descanso. No pude correr. Fue al parque Chaparral y me acorde porque me encanta hacer ejercicio afuera. El parque es real, puedes ver las estrellas, observar el tamaño de la luna y respirar aire puro, en vez de estar respirando el olor de alguien más. Lo único malo es que el parque no es perfecto. En algún momento de la noche se prenden los rociadores de agua y te puedes mojar. No es divertido mojarte cuando te estás enfermando.

El consejo de hoy es tratar de no hacer ejercicio cuando se está enfermo. No eres un héroe y puedes ponerte peor. La salud no es un juego, tenemos que cuidarnos a nosotros mismos.

Debo de seguir mis propios consejos. Bueno, este es mi consejo después de experimentar lo de hoy.

Un Segundo consejo es que si te gusta correr en algún parque, verifica el horario de los rociadores. No es divertido tratar de correr para alejarte del agua. ¡Es divertido para la gente que te está viendo! ¡Si ya estás ahí, disfrútalo, qué más da!

Los resultados de hoy: 1 vuelta en el parque Chaparral caminando.


Ofe


At the park: moon & something I collected for my mom
En el parque: luna & algo que colecte para mi mom

No comments:

Post a Comment