Monday, September 13, 2010

Day 37: Mission not accomplished

Have you ever wake up in the morning wishing things were different?


Wishing not to feel sore so you can accomplish what you want?

Have you ever feel so focus in something ignoring everything else? And everything around you is just blurry? And maybe you can complain about it, but waking up feeling like “that” gives you enough to be moody the whole day. Everything that someone says you take it personal, and your answer it is just “today is just one of those days”, and the worst thing is that you already know that complaining or stressing about it WON’T CHANGE ANYTHING, but you still do it.



Sometimes we are just not brave enough with the big changes, and we have to we have to take baby steps, and that is totally acceptable. For me a big change is exercising at 6 AM, and today I could be complaining as much as I want about not waking up at the time I supposed, but I decided to find an explanation for it. I have been feeling sore and tired lately. I woke up earlier today and workout for a bit at home, but not as I planned last week. I accepted my reality and I’m fully aware that I’m not 16 years old anymore, I can’t demand and force my body to do something that is not use to do and don’t give to it something in return. What is affecting me is basically what I’m eating, in this case, what I’m not eating. I remember the wise advices of my health coach (and my dad too) who recommended me to take vitamins to complement my alimentation. There is a myth that you have to take vitamins only when you are on a diet, and it is not true, you don’t need to be in any diet and you are not going to gain weight taking them. Vitamins don’t affect you in anyway; they help you out to increase your energy and metabolism. Also they give you elements that you don’t find in your daily food and that you lose when you exercise.

It is necessary in these moments to increase my baby steps:

-Eat vegetables

- Take vitamins

-Get back to my personal trainer (I observed my shadow the other day meanwhile running at the park, and I run like a little girl, I need more advices about my way of running: my posture)

- Wake up earlier to work out in the mornings.

4 baby steps. I’ve completed other baby steps before, I’m confident I’ll complete these, I just need to remind myself that last baby steps didn’t take one day.

Today’s advice is to put yourself together in crisis time and accept your reality, it is not easy, but this is the challenge, right now, right this second, dealing with the things are wrong with yourself; being able to get up when you are down is one of the most satisfactory feelings you can experience. However, you have to start your challenge and take a risk; you can’t quit something you haven’t started.


Take them!!



Día 37: Misión no cumplida.

¿Te has despertado alguna vez en la mañana deseando que las cosas fueran diferentes?

¿Deseando no sentirte adolorido para hacer lo que quieras?

¿Te has sentido alguna vez tan enfocado en algo que ignoras todo lo demás? Y ¿todo lo demás a tu alrededor se ve borroso? Y tal vez te puedes quejar, pero levantarte sintiéndote así, es suficiente para estar de mal humor todo el día. Todo lo que la demás gente te dice te lo tomas personal, y tu respuesta es que “hoy no es mi día”, y lo peor de todo es que ya sabes que quejándote y estresándote NO VAS A CAMBIAR NADA, pero aun así lo sigues haciendo.

Algunas veces no somos lo suficientemente valientes para hacer grandes cambios, y tenemos que empezar con pasos pequeños, lo que es totalmente aceptable. Para mi un gran cambio es hacer ejercicio a las 6AM, y hoy por más que me quiera quejar de que no me levante como supuestamente lo debí de haber hecho, decidí encontrar una explicación. Me he sentido adolorida y cansada últimamente. Me desperté más temprano que lo normal e hice un poco de ejercicio en la casa, pero no como lo planeé la semana pasada. Acepté mi realidad y estoy consciente que ya no tengo 16 años y que no puedo demandar y forzar a mi cuerpo a hacer cosas a las que no está acostumbrado y no darle nada a cambio. Lo que me está afectando es básicamente lo que estoy comiendo, en este caso, lo que no estoy comiendo. Recuerdo los sabios consejos de mi nutrióloga (y de mi papa también) quien me recomendó tomar vitaminas para completar mi alimentación. Existe el mito de que solo debes de tomar vitaminas cuando estas a dieta, pero no es cierto, no necesitas estar a dieta, ni tampoco vas a aumentar de peso cuando las tomes. Las vitaminas no te afectan. Las vitaminas te ayudan a incrementar tu energía y metabolismo y te dan aquellos elementos que no encuentras en los alimentos y que pierdes al hacer ejercicio.



En estos momentos es necesario incrementar mis pasos pequeños:

-Comer verduras

-Tomar vitaminas

-Volver con mi entrenador personal (estaba viendo mi sombra el otro día cuando estaba corriendo en el parque y corro como niña. Necesito más consejos de la forma en la que corro: mi postura)

- Levantarme temprano para hacer ejercicio en las mañanas.

4 pasos pequeños. He logrado completar otros pasos pequeños, y estoy segura que lograré estos, solo necesito recordarme que los últimos pasos no me llevaron un día solamente.

El consejo del día de hoy es de no despedazarte en tiempo de crisis y aceptar tu realidad, no es fácil, pero este es el reto, es ahora, es en este preciso segundo, lidiando con las cosas que están mal contigo mismo. Levantarte cuando estas abajo es uno de los sentimientos más satisfactorios que puedes experimentar. Pero tienes que empezar un reto o tomar algún riesgo; no puedes renunciar a algo que ni siquiera has empezado.

Ofe

No comments:

Post a Comment