Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Day 46: Cooking

I’ve never been the greatest cook. Actually I was around 10 years old when my oldest sister forced to warm up my first tortilla. I was afraid of the stove. I remember that day pretty well. After that all I did is warming up tortillas. That happens to me a lot, I learn something new and I love it, then I do it a lot, get tired, and drop it (cooking related). It happened when my mom taught me how to bake cheese cakes. I used to create celebrations just to make cheesecakes (ask my college friends). Also that happened when my other sister (the one in the middle) taught me how to do pasta with bacon and mushrooms. I cooked that pasta almost every day for the six months I lived in France (you can ask my friends too). Recently I’ve been up to cook tuna pasta and to make burritos of machaca (you can ask my co-workers).

Today I tried to do something new. I was cooking meat with vegetables. Yes, VEGGIES!

My cooking was doing awful until I remembered my sister’s wise words: “Everything tastes better with tomato sauce”. I have to thank my oldest sister because without the tomato sauce the meat would have been uneatable.

The results were not that bad, my mom will be proud, but I’m afraid to say that I officially need cooking classes.

It’s been more than a week since I setup my new baby steps and this is the summary:

I’ve been taking my vitamins every day since then. Today I prepared my first meal with a bunch of veggies, I already try it and it is delicious! Yesterday I went back with my personal trainer. I went running two times already in the morning. Not too bad.

Today’s advice is to try to cook on your own. It’s better when you cook at home because you know you are using the right ingredients and besides it is cheaper and fun. Get rid of the idea of eating just sandwiches. If you are not a big cook just like me, start with pasta, that’s the easiest thing. You must have more than one friend that loves cooking; tell her/him to teach you how to cook a dish or two. If they love the kitchen, they’d love to teach you too. Cooking on your own is when you can really eat healthier. It depends obviously in what you cook. Fill your fridge with healthy stuff, whenever is your time to cook, you’ll have no choice than cooking with that.

Today’s results:

(I feel some soreness from yesterday workout with my personal trainer, nothing major)

Upper body workout

35 minutes in the elliptical.


Steaming the veggies!
Hirviendo las verduras!



Día 46: Cocinando

Nunca he sido la gran cocinera. De hecho cuando tenía 10 años más o menos, mi hermana mayor me forzó a calentar mi primera tortilla. Le tenía miedo a la estufa. Me acuerdo muy bien de ese día. Después todo lo que hacía era calentar tortillas. Eso me pasa muy seguido, aprendo algo nuevo y me encanta, luego lo hago muchas veces, me canso y después ya no lo dejo (relacionado con cocinar). Me paso cuando mi mama me enseño a hornear pay de quesos. Solía inventar celebraciones para hacer pay de quesos (pueden preguntar a mis amigas a la universidad). También me paso cuando mi otra hermana (mi hermana de en medio) me enseño hacer pasta con tocino y champiñones. Cocine esta pasta casi todos los días durante los seis meses en los que estuve en Francia (también le pueden preguntar a mis amigos). Recientemente he estado cocinando pasta con atún, y también burritos de machaca (pueden preguntar a mis compañeros de trabajo) .

Hoy intente algo nuevo. Estuve cocinando carne con verduras. Si, ¡VERDURAS!

Mi comida estaba quedando un poco mala hasta que me acorde de las sabias palabras de mi hermana: “Todo sabe mejor si le pones puré de tomate”. Tengo que agradecerle a mi hermana mayor ya que sin el puré de tomate la carne hubiera esta incomible.

Los resultados no estuvieron tan mal, mi mama estará orgullosa, pero me temo decir que necesito clases de cocina.

Ha pasado más de una semana desde que establecí mis nuevos pasos pequeños y este es el resumen:

Me he estado tomando mis vitaminas diariamente desde entonces. Hoy prepare mi primera comida con muchas verduras, y ya la probé y esta ¡deliciosa!. Ayer regrese con mi entrenador personal. He ido a correr dos veces temprano en la mañana. No esta tan mal.

El consejo del día de hoy es tratar de cocinar. Es mejor cuando cocinas en casa porque sabes que ingredientes estas utilizando y aparte es más barato y es divertido. Deshazte de comer solamente sándwiches todos los días. Si no eres un gran cocinero como yo, empieza con pasta, es la cosa más fácil de hacer. De seguro debes de tener más de un amigo que le guste cocinar, dile que te enseñe a cocinar uno o dos platillos. Si les gusta la cocina, les va a encantar enseñarte. Cocinar uno mismo es cuando realmente cuando realmente estamos comiendo más sano. Depende que cocines obviamente. Trata de llenar tu refrigerador de cosas saludables. Cuando tengas que cocinar no te va a quedar otra alternativa que cocinar con eso.

Los resultados del día de hoy:

(Me siento un poco adolorida de los ejercicios que hice ayer con mi entrenador, nada grave)

Ejercicios de hombros y brazos.

35 minutos en la elíptica.

 
Ofe
 
 
My super meal/Mi super comida
 

No comments:

Post a Comment