Friday, September 10, 2010

Day 34: Good excuses

I think this is a critical moment for me, whether I make this a habit or I throw the towel. Changing the workout or the schedule may help me to strength my energy. Is it going to work? I shall see. I need to learn and do not confuse laziness with sickness. Just like today that I got into different activities and didn’t find time to work out. We probably imagine our sickness to justify ourselves for something we do or not do, this sounds like excuses. Therefore I made a list of possible excuses that someone can actually name to do not make this possible.


• No time

• No good tennis shoes

• No sport clothes

• No gym membership

• Don’t know where to go to run

• I can’t run

• I don’t have someone to go with

• I have a lot of work

• I can’t wake up in the mornings

• I got off of work really tired

• I have two left feet

• I have better stuff to do

• I don’t like exercising

• I give up easily

• This is not a goal for me

• I don’t need to lose weight

• I’m too weak

• I have visitors in town

• I have other plans

• I don’t know how to breathe correctly



Take this list and convert all these in positive sentences, you’ll see the difference.

Today’s advice is to make a list of the things could stop you and ignore them, if you know that those things can be in your way, don’t let them trick you! You need consistency. It is not about the challenge per se, this is about a lifestyle change.

Día 34: Buenas excusas.

Creo que este es un momento crítico para mí, o hago esto un hábito o tiro la toalla. Cambiar mi horario de hacer ejercicio me ayude a reactivar mi energía. ¿Funcionara? Ya veremos. Necesito aprender a no confundir la flojera con enfermedad. Así como hoy que hice otras cosas y no encontré tiempo para ir hacer ejercicio. Probablemente imaginamos que estamos enfermos para justificarnos de algo que hacemos o no hacemos, me suena a excusas. Es por eso que hice una lista de las posibles excusas que una persona puede tener para no hacer esto posible.

• No tengo tiempo

• No tengo tenis

• No tengo ropa deportiva

• No tengo membrecía de ningún gimnasio

• No sé a dónde ir a correr

• No puedo correr

• No tengo con quien ir

• Tengo mucho trabajo

• No puedo levantarme en las mañanas

• Salgo del trabajo muy cansado

• Tengo dos pies izquierdos

• Tengo mejores cosas que hacer

• No me gusta hacer ejercicio

• Me venzo rápidamente

• Para mí esto no es un reto

• No necesito perder peso

• Soy muy débil

• Tengo visitas

• Tengo otros planes

• No sé cómo respirar bien cuando corro.

Toma esta lista y conviértela en enunciados positives, vas a ver la diferencia.

El consejo del día de hoy es de hacer una lista de todas las cosas que pueden detenerte, y luego ignórala, si ya sabes que puede detenerte, entonces no hagas que te detengan! Necesitas ser consistente. Esto no es sobre un reto en sí, es sobre un cambio de estilo de vida.

Ofe


My favorite excuse

No comments:

Post a Comment