Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Day 31: Stranger’s power part 2

Remember about how random people can make an impact on you unexpectedly?


Well, today was definitely one of those days.

There I was all tired after the gym shopping at the grocery store. I got some fruit for the week and went directly to the self check out. Suddenly another customer from the store checking out next to me said: “Hey, you were at the gym today, you kicked ass! I was two treadmills away from you and you did incredible”

I was surprised. I looked back to see if the guy was talking to someone else. Maybe there was an athletic girl behind me and I was hallucinating. The 40ish years old guy was actually talking to me. I must confess that I was shocked and that I discovered that I get intimated pretty easily with compliments. I think my face was telling whatever I wanted to say. The guy kept talking and I only told him that I was training to run 5k, and he all excited replied: “Oh you are ready to run 10K!!” I appreciated his comments.

Wow! That stranger definitely made my day. Now I have more energy to keep training each day and give the best of me.

Today’s advice is to always be grateful. Even with a stranger. Life can surprise you, and it is never late to be grateful and thank whoever you need to thank. Another advice is to celebrate!...enjoy the fact that you are accomplishing a goal and you are doing great!. I realize today that you can be inspiring someone else without even knowing.

Today’s results:

Treadmill:
Running time: 32:00 minutes – 2.66 miles – 4.28 Km
Jogging time: 20 minutes – 1.30 miles – 2.09 Km
Walking time: 17 minutes
Total of 69 minutes walking/running/jogging.


Día 31: El poder de los extraños. PARTE 2

¿Se acuerdan que les decía como la gente desconocida podría tener impacto en nosotros inesperadamente?

Hoy fue uno de esos días.

Después del gym fui al súper. Compre fruta y fui a pagar a la caja donde pagas tu mismo. De repente alguien que estaba enseguida de mi me dice: “Oye, tú estabas en el gym hoy, te luciste! Estaba a dos caminadoras de ti, y lo hiciste muy bien”

Estaba sorprendida. Voltee para ver si el tipo estaba viendo a alguien más. Tal vez había una chica atlética atrás de mí y yo estaba alucinando. El señor de 40 años me estaba hablando a mí. Debo de confesar que estaba sorprendida y descubrí que me apena muy fácil que me digan cumplidos. Creo que con mi cara le estaba diciendo todo. El tipo seguía hablando y solo le dije que estaba entrenando para correr 5 km, el todo emocionando me dijo: “Oh ya estas lista para correr 10 km” le agradecí sus comentarios.

¡Wow! Ese extraño definitivamente me hizo el día. Ahora tengo más energía para seguir entrenando y para dar lo mejor de mí.

El consejo del día de hoy es ser agradecido. Aun con algún extraño. La vida puede sorprenderte y nunca es tarde para estar agradecido y decir gracias a quien sea que necesites decirle gracias. Otro consejo es celebrar!... disfruta el hecho de que estas logrado un reto y de que te está yendo bien. Me di cuenta hoy que uno puede estar inspirando a alguien más sin ni siquiera saberlo.

Los resultados del día de hoy:

Caminadora:
Tiempo corriendo: 32 minutos – 2.66 millas – 4.28 Km
Tiempo trotando: 20 minutos - 1.30 miles – 2.09 Km
Tiempo caminando: 17 minutos
Total de minutos corriendo/trotando/caminando: 69


Ofe


See? I did change nutella for fruit
¿Ven?, si cambie la nutella por fruta.

No comments:

Post a Comment