Sunday, September 19, 2010

Day 43: Four places at once - GC Sunset

“GET OUT” I yelled to the guy that was trying to get into my car in the middle of the night. I woke up and saw there was no one outside. The parking lot was completely empty and not a single soul was there.


Some people have told me I should be more careful. I think that the feeling of unknowing makes you feel alive.

I woke up six times during the night until the day came. Sleeping in the back seat of your car is definitely getting out of your comfort zone. I had no choice if I wanted to go to four corners in the morning.

For a moment I was in four places at once: New Mexico, Utah, Colorado & Arizona.




Something that is physically impossible can be possible in this place. I forgot really quickly about my nightmares and made a friend in four corners. I shared with a stranger photographer for National Geographic my habit of taking pictures of my hand everywhere I go. He thought it was a great idea and took one of his hand and told me he was going to start doing it too. I didn’t get his name, but we shared our photography knowledge in an hour we were talking in four places at once.

I was not sure where to go; I only knew I wanted to sleep in Phoenix this night. I drove all the way back to Flagstaff and still had time to watch the sunset in the Grand Canyon. I stopped somewhere in the middle of the road and some motor bikers (men & women & a 12 years old girl) invited me to have lunch with them. “Why not?” observing them laughing and telling each other their good stories, I remembered how good is to travel with a gang too. I love to travel by myself, but travel with a group is a great experience as well. That’s when you can practice your tolerance.

Around 6 PM I watched the sunset in the Grand Canyon (GC) next to a Japanese newlyweds whom kept asking me for taking them pictures jumping. I walked for more than an hour in this beautiful Arizonan favorite tourist attraction.

Even though I felt unsafe sometimes, I felt free most of the time. The rollercoaster of feelings of this trip is what makes this so special.

Today’s advice is to enjoy the variety of feelings and up and downs in your life. Life isn’t perfect. We don’t even know what perfect is. Just live and try to do your best in the greatest way possible.



Grand Canyon Sunset



Día 43: En cuatro lugares al mismo tiempo – Atardecer en GC

“SALTE” le grité al señor que se estaba tratando de meter al carro a la mitad de la noche. Desperté y vi que no había nadie afuera. El estacionamiento estaba completamente vacio y no había ni un alma.

Algunas personas me han dicho que tenga más cuidado. Pero pienso que el sentimiento de no saber te hace sentir vivo.

Me desperté seis veces durante la noche hasta que se hizo de día. Dormir en el asiento de tu carro es definitivamente salirte de tu zona de confort. No tenía alternativa si quería ir a las cuatro esquinas en la mañana.

Por un momento estuve en cuatro lugares al mismo tiempo: Nuevo México, Utah, Colorado & Arizona.

Algo que es físicamente imposible es posible en este lugar. Se me olvidaron muy rápido mis pesadillas e hice un amigo en este lugar. Le compartí al extraño fotógrafo para National Geographic mi hábito de tomar fotos a mi mano en todas las partes a las que voy. Le encanto la idea y se tomo una foto de su mano, y me dijo que iba hacer lo mismo a cada parte a la que fuera. No supe su nombre, pero compartimos tips de fotografía en una hora que platicamos estando en cuatro lugares al mismo tiempo.

No estaba segura a donde ir, solo sabía que quería dormir en Phoenix esta noche. Manejé de nuevo hacia Flagstaff y todavía tenía tiempo de ir a ver el atardecer al Gran Cañón. Me paré en medio de la carretera y unos motociclistas (hombres y mujeres y una niña de 12 años) me invitaron a comer con ellos.” ¿Y por qué no?” Observándolos riendo y contándose sus historias, me acordé de lo que es viajar en grupo. Me encanta viajar sola, pero viajar en grupo es una gran experiencia también. Pones en práctica tu grado de tolerancia.

Alrededor de las 6 de la tarde vi el atardecer en el Gran Cañón (GC) enseguida de una pareja de japoneses recién casados, quienes me pidieron que les tomara fotos brincando. Camine por más de una hora en esta bella atracción turística de Arizona.

Aunque me sentí insegura algunas veces, me sentí libre la mayoría del tiempo. La montaña rusa de emociones de este viaje es lo que lo hizo tan especial.

El consejo del día de hoy es de disfrutar la variedad de sentimientos, las altas y bajas de tu vida. La vida no es perfecta. Nosotros no sabemos ni siquiera que significa ser perfecto. Solo vive e intenta dar lo mejor de ti en la mejor manera posible.


Ofe

No comments:

Post a Comment