Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Day 38: Basketball

If someone asks me if there is a sport that I truly love watching and playing, I would have to say: basketball. One simple reason: I grew up with that. I grew up being awake by my dad every Sunday to go to play basketball with him, my brothers and sisters. Now, I enjoy watching my niece and my nephew loving this sport every time I go home. Nowadays I’m more a fan than a player. I’m a Phoenix Suns fan and ex- Lakers’ fan.


For me basketball is more than a sport. Basketball is teamwork, family, union, communication, passion and having fun. It is a great dynamic game and I really like practicing it. In the place I live in is kind of hard to practice; at the gym only guys do it, and at the park I hardly find the light of the sun to play. Besides it is not the same playing by myself than playing with my family. Playing basketball with my family means: no rules and guarantee entertainment.

Remembering this made me think about how my dad has done this (exercising) every day for the last xxx years of his life. A guy training for a triathlon today told me that he is being training for more than 1,000 days. I heard from a psychologist today that it takes 6 months to make it a habit.

Honestly, this will be a habit when I stop counting and I just do it by inertia. Until then everything is just a learning failed try. But not for failing I’m going to stop. I’m going to run 5k in 12 days and I’ll start training for something else after that.

I started taking my vitamins today, and it feels great to be back. Used my favorite sport to avoid get bored meanwhile walking at the park.

Today’s advice is to identify the sport you love and play it!

Today’s results:

At the gym: legs workout & 25 minutes cardio

At the park: 2 laps walking & played basketball.



I love going to the games too




Día 38: Básquetbol

Si alguien me preguntara cual es el deporte que más me gusta ver y jugar, tendría que decir: básquetbol. Por una simple razón: crecí con este deporte. Crecí siendo despertado por mi papa cada domingo para ir a jugar básquetbol con él, mis hermanos y hermanas. Ahora disfruto ver a mi sobrina y sobrino con esta pasión por este deporte cada vez que voy a la casa. Ahora soy más una fanática que una jugadora. Soy fan de los Phoenix Suns y ex fan de los Lakers.

Para mí el básquetbol es más que un deporte. Básquetbol es trabajo en equipo, familia, unión, comunicación, pasión y diversión. Es un gran juego dinámico que realmente me gusta practicar. En donde vivo es difícil practicarlo. En el gimnasio solo los hombres lo practican y en el parque tiene que ser de día para poder jugar. Además no es lo mismo jugar yo sola que con mi familia. Jugar básquetbol con mi familia significa que no hay reglas y la diversión está garantizada.

Recordando esto me hizo pensar que mi papa ha hecho esto (hacer ejercicio) todos los días por muchos años de su vida. Un chico que se está entrenando para un triatlón me dijo hoy que su entrenamiento ya lleva más de 1,000 días. Hoy, en una plática de un psicólogo en el trabajo nos dijo que tomaba más de 6 meses en hacer un hábito.

Honestamente, esto va a ser un hábito hasta que deje de contar y solo lo haga por inercia. Hasta entonces todo es un aprendizaje de mis intentos fallidos. Pero no por fallar voy a detenerme. Voy a correr 5 Km en 12 días y voy a comenzar otro entrenamiento después de eso.

Hoy comencé a tomarme mis vitaminas y ¡se siente muy bien estar de regreso sin quejas! Hoy utilicé mi deporte favorito para evitar aburrirme mientras caminaba en el parque.

El consejo del día de hoy es encontrar el deporte que te encanté y ¡practícalo!

Los resultados de hoy:

En el gimnasio: ejercicios de piernas & 25 minutos de cardio

En el parque: 2 vueltas caminando y jugué básquetbol

Ofe


No comments:

Post a Comment