Saturday, September 25, 2010

Day 49: Salt River

There is no date that doesn’t arrive, period that doesn’t expire, or debt that is not paid.


It is scary how you can’t avoid things forever. Nothing last forever. Tomorrow is the big day: that’s what I have been training for. Instead of doing a super training the day before, I decided to relax and I went to the Salt River with my friends. We went tubing for five hours under the sun. Swimming is another thing that is not my specialty. I never passed the first levels when I was a little girl, meanwhile my siblings moved up into the “shark level” in swimming classes, I stayed in the “little fish level”. I know how to swim, but I freak out when I can’t touch the ground.

This weekend has been predicted one of the hottest ones of this month. The heat has been prolonged longer than it was thought.

I’m really excited about tomorrow, I’m sure I’m going to be able to finish that race. The race doesn’t really matter, the important thing is that I compromised myself to do something and I did it. The challenge was in the entire 50 days. I enjoyed the journey and I’ll enjoy the destination. I gained more than I expected and whatever happen tomorrow I’m satisfied for what I’ve done so far. I increased my endurance more than 50%. I’m not a professional runner and I don’t pretend to be one, I’m just a normal regular person trying to achieve goals in life.

I feel that tomorrow will be graduation day and I have to give a speech. A speech that I already know and I’ve practice so many times, but never finished completely.

Hoping for the best and hoping to have a good sleep to be ready to run 5k tomorrow.

Today’s advice is to be proud during the last days of your challenge. Whatever the results are the real challenge was to last until the end. Even though you are focus in your challenge, don’t be self center and don’t neglect what is surrounding you, don’t ignore the people that care about you. When you least expect, things happen, be there for them.




Salt River
Rio Salado


Día 49: Rio Salado.


No hay fecha que no se cumpla, plazo que no se venza, ni deuda que no se pague.

Da miedo como las cosas no se pueden evitar. Nada dura para siempre. Mañana es el gran día: para lo que he estado entrenando. En vez de hacer un gran entrenamiento un día antes, decidí relajarme e irme al Rio Salado con mis amigos. Nos fuimos a pasar en llantas bajo el sol por 5 horas. Nadar es otra de las cosas que no es mi especialidad. Nunca pase los niveles principiantes cuando era pequeña, mientras mis hermanos pasaban a “nivel tiburón” en las clases de natación, yo me quedaba en el “nivel de los pececitos”. Sé como nadar, pero me asusta un poco el hecho de no poder tocar el suelo.

Este fin de semana se ha dicho que es uno de los más calurosos de este mes. El calor se ha prolongado más de lo que se pensaba.

Estoy muy emocionada por mañana, estoy segura que lograre terminar la carrera. La carrera realmente no importa, lo que importa es el compromiso que hice conmigo misma de hacer algo. El reto fueron todos los 50 días. Disfrute el trayecto y voy a disfrutar el destino. Gane más de lo que esperaba, y cualquier cosa que pasa mañana estoy satisfecha con lo que he hecho hasta ahora. Incremente durabilidad más del 50%. No soy una corredora profesional y no pretendo serlo, solo soy una persona normal tratando de completar sus retos en la vida.

Me siento como si mañana fuera el día de mi graduación y tengo que dar un discurso. El discurso que ya me sé y he practicado muchas veces, pero nunca lo he terminado.

Espero lo mejor y espero dormir bien para estar lista para correr 5 kilómetros mañana.

El consejo del día de hoy es de estar orgulloso durante los últimos días de tu reto. Cuales quieran que sean los resultados, el reto real fue de que llegaras hasta el final. Aunque estés muy enfocado en tu reto, no te enfoques solo en ti, y no ignores lo que te rodea y no ignores a la gente a la que le importas. Cuando menos te lo esperas, cosas suceden, apoya a tu gente.

Ofe

No comments:

Post a Comment