Saturday, September 18, 2010

Day 42: UTAH

Getting out from your comfort zone is more fascinating than you think. At the beginning you might feel weird, but later you feel satisfied of not caring about little things like having a bed to sleep, the best shower, a safe parking spot for your car, etc. At the end those things are second needs.


For a moment I forgot where I was and I woke up scared for all the noise the lady from Montana was making inside the room.

I hit the road early in the morning and explored the antelope canyon nearby UTAH (2 and half hours drive from Flagstaff). I was not entirely happy with the ridiculous fees that native people charge in places like this canyon. It is a beautiful place to visit, but expensive. Walked for more than an hour and visited Lake Powell that is nearby.


Antelope Canyon



I enjoyed one of the most beautiful sunsets I ever seen in Monument Valley, Utah (2 and half hours drive from antelope canyon)

Before arriving to Monument Valley I saw a sign “Four Corners 74 miles”, in that moment I remembered that someone recommended me to go there two years ago and I said “why not going tomorrow?”

It feels great to cross out things from your “to do list” of cool things you want to do before you die. Every time I do that, I feel like I’m really living the life I want to live.

Running away has its pros and contras. One of the pros is that you can do whatever you want, but one of the contras is that if something bad happen to you, you are by yourself and in the middle of nowhere, and no one trusty to help you out. Another contra is that if you don’t have a plan, there is no one to tell you that your idea is crazy. You are basically unsafe.

Not sure where I’m going to sleep tonight I’m literally in the middle of nowhere in a native reservation town called Kayenta.

Today’s advice is to get out of your comfort zone and be ready to LIVE.



Día 42: UTAH

Salirte de tu zona de confort es más fascinante de lo que te imaginas. Al principio tal vez te sientas un poco raro, pero después te vas a sentir satisfecho de que no te importen las pequeñeces, como tener una cama para dormir, de tener el mejor baño, de tener un lugar seguro para estacionar tu carro, etc. Al final esas cosas pasan a ser de segunda necesidad.

Por un momento se me olvido donde estaba y me desperté asustada por todo el ruido que hacia la señora que venía de Montana.

Tomé camino temprano en la mañana y explore el cañón antelope cerca de Utah (dos horas y media manejando de Flagstaff). No estaba muy contenta con los precios ridículos que te cobran los nativos para visitar este cañón. Es un lugar precioso pero caro. Camine por más de una hora y luego visite el Lago Powell cerca de ahí.

Disfrute uno de los atardeceres mas preciosos que he visto en Monument Valley en Utah (dos horas y media manejando del cañón antelope)


Monument Valley



Antes de llegar a Monument Valley vi un letrero que decía “4 Corners 4 millas””4 esquinas”, y en ese momento me acorde de que ese lugar me lo había recomendado alguien del trabajo hace más de dos años y me dije “¿por qué no voy mañana?”

Se siente muy bien cuando tachas cosas de tu lista de cosas que hacer en tu vida. Cada vez que hago eso, siento que estoy viviendo la vida que quiero vivir.

Huir/escaparse tiene sus pros y sus contras. Uno de sus pros es que puedes hacer lo que tú quieras, pero uno de los contras es que si algo malo te pasa, estas tu solo en medio de la nada y no hay nadie en quien confíes que te pueda ayudar. Otro contra es de que si no tienes un plan, no hay nadie que te diga que tus ideas no tienen sentido. Básicamente estas inseguro.

No estoy segura donde dormiré esta noche ya que estoy literalmente en medio de la nada en un pueblo que es reserve nativo llamado Kayenta.

El consejo del día de hoy es salirte de tu zona de confort y prepárate para VIVIR. Por supuesto que vas a tener miedo e inseguro, pero ese es el punto.

Ofe

No comments:

Post a Comment